Ken Wise is a lot of things. A judge, a lawyer, a dad, a golf enthusiast and a Texan. He’s an expert on Texas history and proud of his heritage and his state. When the time came to begin sharing his knowledge and passion, he found his way to podcasting. He is the host of a well-followed show called Wise about Texas. In the last a little over a year, he’s posted nearly 40 episodes of journal level historical information in a back porch storytelling manner. His shows are well researched, thorough and extensively cross referenced, yet the delivery style is so fresh and engaging he reaches listeners of all ages.
During our conversation we traversed the following topics:
- How we met – shout out to Blubrry!
- How Texas history is taught in schools
- Ken’s roots
- How he started podcasting
- The thrill and art of historical detective work
- The bigger purpose of why he has his show
- The conviction and determination of early Texas settlers including the strong women in Texas history
- Another historical path to explore: Texas music
Where to find Ken:
And of course in a prominent historical building in downtown Houston 🙂
6 degrees of separation
It's one of those magical concepts -- like are we only that far away? Could we stay in touch and keep testing that theory?
Share your email below and we'll see where it goes:)