Jon Storm is many things…a mechanic, a father, an avid cyclist, a man’s man and, more recently, a writer. He found his way to translating feelings into words with such meaning they are felt and understood deeply by those who read them. His pieces are both simple and powerful. Jon has a keen sense of clearing away the distractions and getting right to the heart of deep, emotional life experiences. His nearly 250,000 followers on Instagram and other social media channels can attest to the connection they feel when reading his posts.
Our conversation explores:
- How he began writing (clue: it’s only been 2 years)
- Why writing forces the truth
- Social media as a channel for artistic expression
- How to deal with negative comments, and of course, the joy of the positive connections
- On writing daily and when to take a break
- His vintage typewriter and how it changed his writing approach
- Being quoted on Word Porn
- His new book (yes! there’s a book coming out soon!)
- Keeping the focus on the work, not the outcome
- How the universe whispered to him
Where to find Jon:
I would love to tell you things!
...sorry to offend you with a pop-up, but, if you've heard me on Glistening Particles, you know I love to get to know people! If you share your email address with me, I can let you know what's coming up [there are so many new things in the works!!] andddd let you know when and where I'll be out in the world gathering stories...by talking with strangers...because it's what I do! And if you sign up we'll be more than strangers - more like random acquaintances! That's awesome!